Full disclosure: This is a sponsored post for Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally. I have been compensated for my time and writing. Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally works with more than 100 food trucks and books them for events, corporate and private catering, among other things.
Since the food truck industry began in Tampa Bay back in 2011 – many people have wondered how to book a food truck. Booking food trucks can be more complicated then it seems and understanding the logistics behind it can be an issue without the right approach. It’s important to understand how to both get your needs satisfied and those of the small business food truck owner to ensure success.
There are many ways to go about booking a food truck and one way is to work with a company such as Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally to help facilitate communicating and booking a food truck for your corporate event, employee appreciation, office parties, public or private functions. Some businesses and entities that Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally does business with include Florida Hospital, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Tech Data, USF, and Verizon Wireless.
Here are some questions to consider when planning to book a food truck:
- How many people are attending your event or function? Attendance will help decide how many trucks are needed and what kind of food truck will be possible for your event. Remember – food trucks are small businesses and need a certain amount of business to be sustainable.
- When is your event occurring? It’s better to book earlier rather than later to increase your chances of getting the food truck you want. Many food trucks are booked at least a month out but sometimes even further – so make plans to book early.
- What is your budget? You need to have an idea of how much money you are willing to spend when booking a food truck. Food truck owners have employees, food costs, and maintenance costs to consider. Booking a food truck also takes resources and time so consider that as well when planning a budget for your event or function.
- What kind of food do you want at your event or function? Tampa Bay has a wide-range of food trucks with over 100 food trucks serving the city. Here are just a few off the top of my head: BBQ (many different styles to choose from), dessert (cupcakes, cakes, cookies, ice cream, etc.), Latin American cuisines (Venezuelan, Mexican, Cuban, etc.), burger concepts (gourmet, sliders, etc.), grilled cheese, and more so it’s important for you to have an idea of what kind of food you want at your function or event. Most likely there is a concept that fits your needs.
- Do you need to book food trucks regularly? Some businesses or groups need food trucks to visit their office or business regularly. You can hire a company like Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally to handle the booking and facilitation for you. Fill out the form on their website for more information on costs and logistics.
- Other things to consider: Do you need live music or a dance floor for your event? Depending on your needs – Tampa Bay Food Truck Rally may be able to help.
Need to book a food truck? Follow this link: http://www.tampabayfoodtruckrally.com/book-now